Monday, December 23, 2013

with waiting hearts

Well, it's been a few weeks since I posted! Sorry about that. I was destroyed by a bout of the stomach flu this past week, and am still in recovery mode. All I can say is, wash your hands and take your Vitamin C! You do not want the flu.

We've been eagerly counting the days until Christmas, and Advent flew right by. I didn't get nearly as much knitting done as I was hoping to, nor have I done much Christmas baking.







Walt had his first bath in the sink. 

I am extremely proud of this moment.
This was Walter's first little outdoor exploration walk.
He's holding my hand!!!

He was thrilled by the crunchy leaves!

He made a friend at the Children's Museum and rode on a swing with him.

















I finally made a hat for poor little Olaf.

Little Simon came over and we baked Christmas cookies. 


Walt can now use a spoon.
He LOVES his Grandma's applesauce!






Walter was thrilled to go Christmas tree shopping with us. He ran around touching the trees and chortling to himself. He knocked a little one over and cried until I picked it up. Haha! We found the perfect little tree and took it home with us. 

We decorated it this afternoon and now it sits in the corner, all ready for Christmas Eve. The smell of fir trees evokes so many happy Christmas memories in me. I'm very happy to have our first little Christmas tree in our own home. 

I wish you all a very merry Christmas,

Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment